Monday, October 11, 2010

She's Outta My League




I thought this movie would be a cute little romantic comedy and that's pretty much what it was, and nothing more. The lead character played by Jay Baruchel is very likeable as is Alice Eve, but it's not really that great of a movie.
First of all the film's premise is really not all that believable. Not because she's hot and he's not. No, the real problem I had is that it takes place in Pittsburg! Pittsburg?! A hot girl like that in Pittsburg? No...I don't think so. Don't get me wrong there are beautiful women everywhere, but they never stay in the town they're born in, and if they do stay in a town like Pittsburg, they're fat and pregnant by the time they're 26 years old.
Yeah that's my biggest problem with the movie.
Now all you steel town lovers, don't be pissed at me. (Actually, Pittsburg is a big financial hub now). It just doesn't make sense, and then the fact that her boyfriend is a big time pilot, who flies in Pittsburg. No...not working for me.. Alleghany Airlines became US Airways years ago and moved to Nashville, so don't pull that crap with me. That's compeletely unbelievable. Other than the setting the support characters are funny, and there are some good parts. Alice Eve is devastatingly beautiful, but it's definitely a rental...even in Pittsburg.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment