Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Netflix Top 100 - 38. - The Time Traveler's Wife


Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana can't save me from a weird movie about love that transcends time.  Based upon the national best selling book by Audrey Niffenegger ,this movie just doesn't work.  They try to capture the essence of the book but something gets lost in the translation.  Eric Bana plays Henry a librarian in Chicago Library who meets Clare (McAdams) who claims to have already known him her whole life.  Henry is confused and so was I, but soon the director brings us the back story of how Henry is able to travel through time and has met Clare when she was younger.  Henry cannot control when he is able to transport in time, and where he will end up, but Clare does know she's in love with him.  I don't know why but I kept picturing the Incredible Hulk as a time traveler.  He doesn't know when it will happen, it just happens.  The plot line didn't transfer well to the screen and this is another sappy movie.  If you like these kinds of movies about eternal love than you'll love this movie.  I however didn't like it.  I would wait for this one on cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment