Sunday, April 18, 2010

2012 - Rental


If you own a HD television this movie is worth the rental price. If you don't own an HD television, really what's the point. The only good thing is the computer generated effects. And that's the same as this director's other disaster movie, the Day After Tomorrow.(I don't mean 10,000 BC) What a witty title. This is almost exactly the same movie. In fact, my bad, it is the same movie. The only difference is there is less snow and more water. But snow is actually frozen water so I guess it's the same movie.
The highlight of the movie is when all of humanity is endanger of being wiped out by a series of colossal events, and a small dog is able to maneuver across a large metal wire to make it aboard one of the arks that is destined to save humanity. I think I cried when the dog made it aboard and I cried when the delegates of the world's leaders spoke with the worst fake accents I've heard in years. The acting is good from the main characters, but I can't believe this movie made 800 million dollars. I suppose people just want to be reminded of their own mortality. Thank god John Cusack is in the film, he was the best part about this movie. If you could have thrown in Jeremy Piven and Minnie Driver, they could have made Gross Pointe II Class Renunion 2012. I would've paid to see that one. Rent it, and if you buy it, you're an idiot.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment