Thursday, February 24, 2011

Netflix Top 100 - 82. Failure to Launch



I like romantic comedies, I really do. "Notting Hill", "Sleepless In Seattle", and "When Harry Met Sally", are some of my favorite movies. But this is not even in the same league. Why? Two words - Terry Bradshaw. Terry Bradshaw? Shouldn't he be on the NFL today criticizing quarterbacks like Ben Rothleisberger and not trying to act.

I'll keep this one short and sweet. Matthew McConaughey plays Tripp, a hapless live at home 30 something who's parents played by Kathy Bates and the aforementioned Mr. Bradshaw want out of the house. So they hire a relationship consultant played by Sarah Jessica Parker to help get him out. I would like to say non stop hilarity ensues but it doesn't. There are a few laughs but for the most part this movie fails to live up to the potential of it's stars. And I mention stars, not supporting cast because any movie that has Terry Bradshaw as more than a bit player is already flirting with disaster. Don't Queue it and don't even watch it on cable. Just avoid this one altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment