Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Netflix Top 100 - 63. Couples Retreat


Wow what a movie! A bad movie.  I'm sure this is based upon some jackass of a writer who went through this with his wife and friends, but it really doesn't work, despite a great cast.  The idea is that 4 couples try to resolve all their problems on a retreat to a place called Eden West.  The cast is stellar including Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Jon Favreau, Kristin Davis, Kristen Bell, and Jean Reno.  The problem here is they actually follow the script.   Ouch! What a waste of talent.

There is more bad comedy in this movie than most, including arousal jokes, fat naked men, and a horny yoga instructor. I would not only not Queue It, I don't think I would watch this film if the entire cast was sitting in my living room begging me to view it.  This should be retitled "Audience Retreat". 

No comments:

Post a Comment